[peel] Re: What was your most hated Peel favourite band?

paul ackroyd psackroyd@...
Sun Jul 15 01:12:19 CEST 2012

hi phil, everyone,

also drawn in by the subject on this one - busy times and rarely get a
chance to look at these emails, but have enjoyed reading through this one.
for me there were a coupla shit tracks each show, can't think of any
*major* offenders, but usually just the dull/twee indie tracks.  but i
never especially minded hearing them, just looked forward to seeing what
gem was hiding around the next corner.  i listened to peel for about ten
years before he called it a day, and it was the finest musical education i
ever could've hoped for, something for which i'm eternally grateful to have
received.

re the fall though [mark luetchford, 27th may], never massively bothered to
be honest.  got about ten or so albums and there are some amazing tracks
within, but i don't feel the need to complete the set or owt.  not like
muslimgauze where i won't stop til i've got them all...

re melt banana live show lovin, was lucky enough to see them record a
session for peel at maida vale a while back - that drummer, wow!

actually, i do have an answer -  the smiths.  i hate them and anyone who's
ever been influenced by them.  amen.

hope you're all well
paul

ps youse lot really should listen to more techno :)
pps phil, that's a hellova lot of years of peel you listened to,
impressed/jealous!