[peel] Re: Ebay Tapes

RobF robfleay@...
Wed Mar 14 09:59:48 CET 2018

I know what you mean Mark, but there are some cracking live albums out
there.
Misty In Roots - Live At Counter Eurovision for example. Their studio
albums (or even their Peel Sessions) never really captured the same rawness
in my opinion
Lou Reed - Take No Prisoners is a fascinating live album for lots of reasons
Sinatra At The Sands - probably one of my favourite Sinatra albums as the
Count Basie orchestra are on fire and Frank is having a ball
Modern Lovers Live - again, seems to capture a rawness that isn't on the
studio albums
Velvet Underground - 1969 Live. The new masters especially show how
powerful those post-Cale songs could be when they let loose on them

I'm sure I've missed some, but these are exceptions to the rule. I could
list an awful lot more boring and pointless live albums..