[peel] Two questions

Stuart Brooks stuartb@...
Tue Dec 6 17:19:05 CET 2016

Hi Stuart

I know that at least some of the shows are still available from the links given on the date pages on the wiki http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/1982_Festive_Fifty#The_Festive_Fifty_Of_1982 eg the Mediafire links work on the 15th. Once you’ve worked your way through these then any still missing can be requested here to re-up to the Mooo

Another Stuart

From: Stuart Maclean sdmaclean@... [peel]
Sent: Tuesday, December 6, 2016 4:52 AM
To: peel
Subject: [peel] Two questions

Ages ago I must have stumbled on MP3's of the complete 1982 dual festive fifties, complete with all Peel commentary.  I can't recall where these were from, but anyway I burned them to CDs.  Those CDs are now scratched up and skipping and I would like to re-discover the original files.  Can anyone tell me if these are available?  I can't locate them on the moo.
Completely unrelated but a question I have been meaning to ask forever.  How many votes would 'win' a typical festive 50, if there was such a thing as a typical year?  As far as I can recall, Peel never mentioned any totals.  Closest I remember was in 1990 he mentioned that Bill Is Dead beat Soon by a single first place vote (or perhaps even a second-place vote??).  I followed the F50 religiously from 1984 until 2002, at which point Saloon won out of nowhere and I convinced myself  the whole thing was now rigged by Internet votes sent by botnets manipulated by the drummer ;)
Oh, and while I am here, how about starting a thread on 'songs that were criminally missing from the F50'?  How on earth could Red Sleeping Beauty by McCarthy not feature in 1986!
Stuart, Seattle.

---