Two questions

Stuart Maclean sdmaclean@...
Tue Dec 6 05:52:22 CET 2016

Ages ago I must have stumbled on MP3's of the complete 1982 dual festive fifties, complete with all Peel commentary.  I can't recall where these were from, but anyway I burned them to CDs.  Those CDs are now scratched up and skipping and I would like to re-discover the original files.  Can anyone tell me if these are available?  I can't locate them on the moo.

Completely unrelated but a question I have been meaning to ask forever.  How many votes would 'win' a typical festive 50, if there was such a thing as a typical year?  As far as I can recall, Peel never mentioned any totals.  Closest I remember was in 1990 he mentioned that Bill Is Dead beat Soon by a single first place vote (or perhaps even a second-place vote??).  I followed the F50 religiously from 1984 until 2002, at which point Saloon won out of nowhere and I convinced myself  the whole thing was now rigged by Internet votes sent by botnets manipulated by the drummer ;)

Oh, and while I am here, how about starting a thread on 'songs that were criminally missing from the F50'?  How on earth could Red Sleeping Beauty by McCarthy not feature in 1986!

Stuart, Seattle.