[peel] Did JP ever play 'Party Weekend' by Joe King Carrasco?

Jackie Wilson jwilsonsaid@...
Mon May 20 23:27:16 CEST 2013

Thanks Alan and Steve for looking  - the wonders of search.
El Molino were the band before Joe King Carrasco & The Crowns and not as good, so hope there was more ... Nuevo Wavo they called it.

If anyone is curious the link below was their next 'hit' Buena.  I think it continues the line from Richie Valens thru Sir Douglas Quintet and ? & The Mysterons rather well, but I guess you had to be there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgTWv8_vJx0

 [The MTV vid on youtube for Party Weekend is faster and less charming than the original 45]