A few more from 1989

mr_maudlin markc63@...
Mon May 20 13:51:03 CEST 2013

I really liked the Kitchens of Distinction: I have "The Prize" &  "The 3rd Time..." on 12" single and they do still sound great, one of those times when the format suits the music perfectly.

On a tangent, I've been playing some old KOD stuff recently as a result of buying the latest Gravenhurst album (it contains a track called "The Prize"). Does anybody else do this, revisit old stuff when reminded through a title or phrase? Peel used to do the same sort of thing and I always thought it was a great way mixing up the styles, though he did resist it if the connection was to obvious.. "of course I could have followed that with ..... but you'd have hated me for it"

Mark