Decktician early 70's Reel to Reel tapes

billfromnorthwales billfromnorthwales@...
Fri Jul 13 14:51:55 CEST 2012

Newly digitized in a raw format straight from tape are the reel to reels
I was sent ages ago by Rocker

They are HERE
<http://www.peel.mooo.com/peelgroup/BillfromNorthWales/07%20Decktician%2\
0Reels/>  in a special folder

Specifically

Reel 13
Reel 17
Reel 20
Reel 21
Reel 22
Unmarked Reel

Anyway I remember we were disappointed when the first reels were
digitised, and we found most Peel links were cut.

That is also the case here, and the quality may only be AM, but at least
we get a taste of the music played in those years...funk, prog, soul,
rock, blues, rockabilly, bluegrass, gospel, folk, trad and all stops in
between.

I mean we knew what was played from the listings that have surfaced, but
it still surprises when you hear some of the stuff. There again with no
provenance we can only assume it is all from Peel.

I don't remember where the tapes came from though.

Wasn't it the case that a member here recorded them originally, then
sold them on eBay, and then were passed to the group.

In that case the original owner probably digitised them too? Do we need
these copies?

Anyway, that batch now going back to Rocker, and he may send me another
batch if tha's OK with everyone.

Highlights for me.....
start of 20.2 ............."ode to Nixon"  - not real title but
marvellous.
unknown tape side 2 at 10:45....a fine trbute to plain women in a gospel
stylee

Bill