More L tapes

Stuart stuartb@...
Fri Apr 20 12:28:22 CEST 2012

Hmmm my first reply to this (by email) didn't make it either. First time
it's happened to me.

For posterity it was
<QUOTE>

Incidentally your link  didn't work either, but the following does

  http://mooo.peelwiki.com/dl/Roger/ <http://mooo.peelwiki.com/dl/Roger/>

  Thanks for the shows, unless anyone's got any objections  I'll
start the wikification procedure.

  Stuart

  </QUOTE>

Anyway, since then, Steve SIG and I have completed the dating and
wikification, so here are the results....

L218 - Contains two portions of 25 September 1992
<http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/25_September_1992>  . That show was
described as complete up to 1:15am apart from a 6 minute gap in the
first section, but while it now runs to the end of the show, it's clear
that there are still 14 minutes missing including the start of the show.

L219 Side a contains part of the Andy Kershaw show of 7th November 1992.
Side b contains a part of 07 November 1992
<http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/07_November_1992>  .

L220 Side a contains part of the Andy Kershaw show of 12th September
1992. Side b contains a further section of the same AK show, followed by
the first 12 minutes of 12 September 1992
<http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/12_September_1992>  .

L221 Side a contains the end of the Andy Kershaw show of 7th November
1992 followed by the first 13 minutes of 07 November 1992
<http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/07_November_1992> . Side b contains a
furtherportion of 07 November 1992
<http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/07_November_1992> .Combined with L219 that's
around 113 minutes of a new show.

L222 Side a contains an AK show. Side b contains a further 45 minute
section of 12 September 1992
<http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/12_September_1992> . This show, when
combined with the two other sources, is now complete, though further SL
tapes have still to be found

L223 Side a contains an AK show. Side b contains the AK show of 24th
October 1992, followed by the first 4 seconds of 24 October 1992
<http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/24_October_1992>  . (Is that a record short
identified show segment?)

L224 Side a contains a partially new 36 minute segment of 05 December
1992 <http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/05_December_1992>  and side b contains
a 47 minute section of a new show, 30 April 1993
<http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/30_April_1993>  .

Some of these dates were getting very complicated on the wiki with
portions of shows from multiple sources and some partially amalgamated
files, so I have separated out the L tapes file naming system from those
from other sources.

Stuart

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, "bty997881" <unity.gain@...> wrote:

> F*ck me if it hasn't happened again - I posted this afternoon to say
I'd uploaded some more L tapes, and there's no sign of my post!
> I even made a point of posting from the Yahoo Groups page, rather than
from my email client, and yes, logged in as my Yahoo Group ID - is it
just me this happens to...?! </rant></mutter>

page, http://www.peel.mooo.com/roger
> A fine mix of both Peel & Kershaw shows. Scans of the inlay cards to
follow,
> Cheers
> Roger
>
> P.S. It will probably turn up now and make me look stupid, but in my
post I P.S.ed that I caught a rather sad snatch of one of the tapes
where John says something about how he should hurry up and write some
songs to sing to his children before something happens to him.