Glass Menagerie

JT GRAY jt.gray@...
Tue Nov 1 20:30:14 CET 2011

Enjoying these 1960s shows, looking forward to hearing some more!  I haven't yet heard one I remember, but then my memory is addled.  But they have set me off on one of the obsessive quests that grab me now and again - i.e. Glass Menagerie! Research via Ken's book tells me that they did two Peel Sessions.  All but one of those tracks seem to have turned up - a cover of 'One More Heartache' - at least, I presume it's a cover!  Anybody know it, have it, know where it might be located?  Ken also says that they did a session for the David Symonds programme, and of course they may have done others.  I have discovered that they are included on a BBC Transcription Disc from 1968 - three tracks, which could well have been the David Symonds session.  The band often turn up on 'psychedelic' compilation CDs, of which there are now many of course.

In a nutshell - anybody got any Glass Menagerie they would like to share, for my home made compilation of a fondly remembered band?  I saw them live a few times, remember they did a pretty neat version of Spirit's 'Fresh Garbage' which I knew from the Rock Machine LP.

John Gray