[peel] Re: [400 box] Found 'em!

Stuart stuartb@...
Sat Feb 5 00:34:23 CET 2011

Strangely enough I have that track on my Summer 1993 compilation, in
glorious FM stereo! http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/Peel_Summer_1993

Except I have it attributed to the Ossie All Stars
http://www.discogs.com/Ossie-All-Stars-The-Leggo-Dub-Part-One/release/231888
7 and it does look like Doberman Skank.

A quick wiki search shows that JP played quite a few tracks from Leggo Dub
in 1978, from August to October, and he clearly had no track titles
available to him. It is possible he didn't have the artist either, the
artist is not shown on the pictures of the album on Discogs, and the track
names there have been written on at a later date.

So perhaps all of these tracklistings attributed to the Revolutionaries
should actually be the Ossie Allstars?

Another slight but weird coincidence is that he plays La Peste's Better Off
Dead on his show of 3rd August 1978 just before the Ossie Allstars, and he
must have played that in Summer 1993 as I also have that in my mixtape!
(well not a very big coincidence it must be said.)

Stuart

  _____