[peel] Re: [400 box] Found 'em!

Stuart stuartb@...
Sat Feb 5 17:29:41 CET 2011

Direct link http://www.roots-archives.com/release/2484

The term All Stars was often used in the Jamaican scene to describe
collaborations. Leggo was also a Jamaican record label crops up quite a  few
times in a Peel Wiki search.

Stuart

  _____

From: peel@yahoogroups.com [mailto:peel@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
Humphrey
Sent: 05 February 2011 15:39
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [peel] Re: [400 box] Found 'em!

Yeah, as u can see from the link below, the "band" name is absent from both
the cover and label - how odd ! I must say, I prefer the name
"Revolutionaries" to "Ossie All Stars" - the latter sounds like an AC/DC,
Midnight Oil and Men At Work tribute band !

Roots-archives.com (via google) lists the personnel as Leggo Beast and The
Ossie All-stars, with the Revolutionaries as "backing band" - seems like a
lotta people !

http://www.demonoid.me/files/details/1381803/9677973/

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com <mailto:peel%40yahoogroups.com> , "Stuart"

http://www.discogs.com/Ossie-All-Stars-The-Leggo-Dub-Part-One/release/231888
> 7 and it does look like Doberman Skank.
>

> A quick wiki search shows that JP played quite a few tracks from Leggo Dub
> in 1978, from August to October, and he clearly had no track titles
> available to him. It is possible he didn't have the artist either, the
> artist is not shown on the pictures of the album on Discogs, and the track
> names there have been written on at a later date.
>

> So perhaps all of these tracklistings attributed to the Revolutionaries
> should actually be the Ossie Allstars?
>

> Another slight but weird coincidence is that he plays La Peste's Better
Off