[peel] Remaining 400 Box shows - the elephant in the forum ?

rockerq@... rockerq@...
Thu May 6 14:54:27 CEST 2010

> <<Does anyone know why these rips are not being shared ? Maybe the
> holder/organiser/Does anyone know why these rips
> Is there another reason ? We deserve to be told - Power to the People !>>

Hi - several factors, including the fact that I am kept incredibly busy
with day job plus DJ gigs plus recording band sessions plus recording a 3 hour
monthly show of new music for www.dandelionradio.com. Doing all 4 this week,
prior to flying to New York to DJ at the NYC Popfest next week.

Several rippers currently have batches of cassettes, which I assume they
are in the process of ripping, prior to returning the cassettes to me with
copies of the rips.

I have a couple of batches ready to send out, catching up a few loose ends
from the "400 box" plus the start of the "Lowson box" kindly donated to us.
Am waiting until a few more rippers return their current batches, plus I
still need to set up a spreadsheet to start cataloguing these new cassettes.

Most of our rippers share their files with the group as and when they rip
them, but one or two do not - possibly they don't have the upload capability
- we never stipulated that rippers should be able to share their own rips
direct to the group - merely that the FLAC files get returned to me, with a
long term aim of getting them put on some sort of server.

So would be grateful if all you rippers out there who have outstanding
batches of cassettes could try to get them back to me in the next few weeks,
there's plenty more work to do!

Cheers!

Rocker