mixcloud

psackroyd psackroyd@...
Wed Feb 17 02:32:11 CET 2010

hi stuart, here's what i read on mixcloud's faq section which initially prompted this chain of thought...

Mixcloud is committed to supporting artists who appear in music Cloudcasts and has an objective to provide a superior legal alternative to file sharing. As such, Mixcloud is fully licensed by the PRS for Music, and all playback of copyrighted songs contained within the tracklists on the site are reported so that the correct licensing royalties can be attributed to the artists.

... that, and that i read somewhere else that they want it to be the 'you tube of radio', in which case it'd need a fair whack of peel on it.  i don't know about the logistics of it all, just seems a really user-friendly site, and although i'm sure dollar signs are the main incentive behind starting the site, there seem to be some good intentions behind it all too...  as far as the bbc issues, don't know where to start with that!  i've seen some radio 1 shows on there already but only in passing...

as for the tapes, does make it better that it's more of a gap filling job.  i can't promise when i'll get the chance to make a start on it but in the near future - first step i'll check the wiki for details of what you're missing and dig out what i've got, though if i can't complete those years for you i'll be surprised.

one last thing, i tried just replying to this message on my email but it returned it undelivered, the same as the first one i sent a couple of hours ago, and i've had to log in to yahoogroups to send - what's the right email to use to send group messages?  i checked my settings and they seem ok...

cheers
paul