[peel] Re: Couple of new partial 1987 shows

Alan Ford ford.alan@...
Sun Aug 15 12:34:34 CEST 2010

Hi B
Thanks for offering to help:

The problem(s) I get are that sometimes, like today, I press record and the
'cursor' doesn't it move; it just sits there flickering on 0.0
Other times I have managed to get it to record music which is playing on the
laptop; this sounds very distant, like it's recording from the speaker into
the internal mic.

In cards I've got
 0 [SB             ]: HDA-Intel - HDA ATI SB
                      HDA ATI SB at 0xf0400000 irq 16
 1 [HDMI           ]: HDA-Intel - HDA ATI HDMI
                      HDA ATI HDMI at 0xf0110000 irq 19

And in Audacity devices it says

Host: ALSA
(other option is OSS)

Playback Device: Default
(Other options
HDA ATI SB   etc
HDA ATI HDMI   etc
iec958
spdif
pulse)

Recording device: HDI ATI SB: ALC272 Analog (hw:0,0)
Recording channels: 2 (Stereo)

In the top rh corner there's a drop-down menu which in windows has things
like 'line-in' and 'stereo mix'.
Mine has Mic:0 and Front Mic:0

Maybe I could arecord; unfortunately I won't have time today.

Cheers

Alan