John Peel on Pirate Cat Radio in California

Mark markonnewsgroups@...
Thu Nov 26 10:46:22 CET 2009

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, "steve" <saipanda@...> wrote:

> I got an episode of Hitch Hiker's Guide To The Galaxy a few hours ago, which is always enjoyable. Seems like some kind of punk era iTunes playlist at the moment - no DJ. Will carry on recording.
>
> But maybe Peel will come up as part of some Thanksgiving special - while everyone is busy with the turkey.
>
> Speaking of which, happy Thanksgiving today to all list members in the States!

As I write, at 9.40 or so, an MP3 version of the 1982 Festive Fifty has finished, and another MP3 version of the 2000 Festive Fifty has just started.  So perhaps all-MP3 versions of what we already know; that would be disappointing, but it's still fun to listen to!

I haven't listened to what I recorded overnight; if there's anything new, I'll post it.

To echo Steve, happy Thanksgiving to our US friends (and as it happens I'll be having turkey later)!  I wonder, would Thanksgiving and Festive Fifties go together?

Cheers - Mark.