[peel] Anyone speak Finnish?

John Bravin john.bravin@...
Tue Mar 31 21:10:08 CEST 2009

Relax, no crime has been committed beyond scurrilous gossip.  It is just
like the Archers, an everyday tale of country folk.

It's the story of the problem of being a girl in a small rural village
with limited choice of boyfriends.  And when you make your move you are
called a slut.
A universal truth that would make a fine Eurovision entry IMHO.

This translation isn't perfect.  I found the lyrics in Dutch and
translated badly them into English.

Now will I to start with sing and now you hearing also,
I am not your rescuer in need if you that sometimes thought,
even if the boys from this village are of a bad type,
their cap crooked on and their mouth is like the door of a cow stable,
I have nevertheless already said 110 times that that backward boys not
intended for me,
to my ex I fine in the mud pot-hole drink and tells my new friend lets
that I had still no,
there, is nothing am this way so dangerous as the leifdeskwaal because
you die whereas you look still with your mouth and is open,
snooze I would be if I there faithfully from this village, long dress
concerning a blouse, happily I will crazily become of it!
The first time with a boy is is just like are condemned; you want none
poor its shoulder to add but you want also not without,
in this village boys 1 minus 4 is, the love of boys from this village
continues shout behind the back, the old wives in this village, nags me
and does squall a new friend,
whereas it not yet once is with that one from,
which old wives bark here and jaws this way hard that their jaws clatter
of it,
we will buy a cushion which they can lay under their chin for them?
Their tongues in bits must be cut if they gossip concerning our little
girls,
these old village wives

John
Tn kyln mmt forever