Exit Joy Division, Enter New Order NEW SHOW 23 February 1981

billfromnorthwales billfromnorthwales@...
Mon Mar 9 01:41:05 CET 2009

***Oops wrong date, ignore those other 2 posts start here****

That recent discussion about which JD track Peely played for Ian Curtis invited me to bookend that show (19 May 1980) with the first time he played New Order (23 February 1981).

He did this, well, without ceremony, but ended up playing both sides of the Ceremony single.

It is only 40 mins but it is super high quality.

Also featured is one session track from Girls at our Best.

I had the full programme once, and it was one of those tapes I took abroad, and
having no other tapes, played repeatedly. I think I must have eventually bought
every record played, because I knew them all so well.

And having most of the records, I don't really need the Peel show now, I thought.....Doh!

Avalable here

http://www.30242b.net/Peel%20Group/billfromnorthwales/m_index.html

as

1981-02-23 John Peel Radio 1 (Incomplete).mp3

Bill