[peel] Re: Exit Joy Division, Enter New Order NEW SHOW 22 Feb 1981

tomzero tomzero12@...
Mon Mar 9 01:25:44 CET 2009

Thanks for this. It'll be interesting to hear the show. And Girls at our Best were quite good too!

--- On Sun, 3/8/09, billfromnorthwales <billfromnorthwales@...> wrote:
From: billfromnorthwales <billfromnorthwales@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: [peel] Re: Exit Joy Division, Enter New Order NEW SHOW 22 Feb 1981
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Date: Sunday, March 8, 2009, 5:21 PM

            That recent discussion about which JD track Peely played for Ian Curtis invited

me to bookend that show (19 May 1980) with the first time he played New Order

(22 February 1981).

He did this, well, without ceremony, but ended up playing both sides of the

Ceremony single.

It is only 40 mins but it is super high quality.

Also featured is one session track from Girls at our Best.

I had the full programme once, and it was one of those tapes I took abroad, and

having no other tapes, played repeatedly. I think I must have eventually bought

every record played, because I knew them all so well.

And having most of the records, I don't really need the Peel show now, I

thought..... Doh!

Avalable here

http://www.30242b. net/Peel% 20Group/billfrom northwales/ m_index.html

as

1981-02-22 John Peel Radio 1 (Incomplete) .mp3

Bill