1986/87 Festive 50s and Ken's Book

andrewthezmore AndrewThezmore@...
Wed Jan 28 22:05:35 CET 2009

Ken

not sure if you mean me ( i've upped the Milk/Hole show and various
F50s in the past) but I wasn't sure what the problem/puzzle was?
Haven't got the 1990FF tapes to hand but can check at the weekend if
there is a query?

If not me you referred to, many apologies for butting in

Cheers
Andrew
--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, "ken garner" <ken_garner@...> wrote:

> Quite right, sir. It seems churlish to point this out on Andrew's
astonishing site and
> collection, but something has gone wrong there. Footling around a
bit further, I spotted
> that what is labelled as the first part of the show of 22/12/91 is
actually the opening of
> the show of 5/1/92. Sorry. Can anyone help Andrew fix that?
>
> Yes, and that is indeed my mistake on the FF shows of 86. I'll look
that up in Radio Times
> next time i'm in the Mitchell library. And thanks to Steve we now
know the F50 and alltime
> F50 of 82 started a show earlier than I thought...
>
> ...As I think I said here some time ago, at going to press time I
was worried about space,
> and seeing as it was broadcast dates for new sessions that mattered
most, I edited down
> what details I then had (culled mostly from repeat dates on session
sheets and checking of
> some years, but not all, wiht Radio Times) about the 'best of'/F50
shows to a summary
> statement. But over the past year or so, helped by various persons
here gathered - nods
> to Brian, Jon, Paul, Steve, Steve and others - I've been revising,
expanding back my shows
> index to try and get all those end of year show details complete,
and am getting there,
> slowly but surely. I think we're now certain that the very last
year which featured multiple
> 'best sessions of the year' repeats over the festive season was
1992, yes?

> However, one problem likely to remain unsolved for now, is this one:
>
> Sn 23/12/90 (Prophecy of Doom, plus 2 others unknown) F50 38-27
>
> listening to Andrew's files, it's clear Peel played records that
night first, then the F50, then
> 3 sessions in a row in the last hour - I guess so he could pre-tape
it and get off early,
> maybe? - but unsurprisingly those who were taping for the F50
stopped after the end of
> the countdown for that night, and missed the sessions. I suspect
this one will require a
> visit to BBC Written Archives one day,

> --- In peel@yahoogroups.com, "alanforduk" <alan@> wrote:
> >

> > I have downloaded the full sets of 5 shows each for the 1986/87
F50s