1986/87 Festive 50s and Ken's Book

ken garner ken_garner@...
Wed Jan 28 22:46:35 CET 2009

sorry if I was garbled and did not mean to sound critical, just spotted a glitch, I think,
that's all. I think it's your stuff that's on http://www.30242b.net/JP_FF_index.html
isn;t it, although I think Gary helped put it up or some such? Anyway, all I noticed was
this:

when I click on:
22 December 91 part 1
http://www.30242b.net/Content/JP_FF/JP911222a.mp3
I get part 1 of the show of 5/1/92, with Hole and Milk

and also the file labelled as:
28 December 91 part 1
http://www.30242b.net/Content/JP_FF/JP911228a.mp3
...is actually part 2 of the show of 5/1/92, with Hole and Milk

Now to the 1990 'mystery'.
we know the F50 shows went like this:
St 22/12 (Simba Wanyika, MC 900ft Jesus & DJ Zero, Barkmarket) F50 50-39
Sn 23/12 (Prophecy of Doom, plus 2 others unknown) F50 38-27
St 29/12 (Ride, Would-Be's, Levellers 5) F50 26-15
Sn 30/12 (Wedding Present, Babes in Toyland, and The Orb #1 at #10 in F50) F50 14-1

...all we do not know is the identity of the two other 'unknown' repeated sessions on
23/12. Why? Because Peel announces them teasingly at the start but does not identify
them, saying he's going to play them as a lump later on. In fact, and most unusually, he
plays them AFTER the F50 section for that night, so your tape finished BEFORE we can find
out what they were, that's all.

I'm enormously grateful for all those F50 shows you've shared which have helped me nail
down a few niggling gaps and blanks - and revealed one or two errors - in my shows
index revision.

so thanks for all the great recordings