[peel] Fwd: [bot-dimeadozen-org] NEW on DIME: Basement Five 1980-04-21 BBC John Peel session DVB-S mp2

tomzero tomzero12@...
Mon Jan 26 21:46:48 CET 2009

Never got to see them live...but I did like the LP. Produced by Martin Hannett! A couple of their live shows have appeared on DIME recently. Think I've spotted the LP up as mp3's somewhere online as well...it's long out of print.

tom

--- On Mon, 1/26/09, Leo Gilbert <sete.colinas@ntlworld.com> wrote:

From: Leo Gilbert <sete.colinas@...>
Subject: Re: [peel] Fwd: [bot-dimeadozen-org] NEW on DIME: Basement Five 1980-04-21 BBC John Peel session DVB-S mp2
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Date: Monday, January 26, 2009, 12:26 PM

Basement Five were fantastic live. Saw them 4 or 5 times around that time, then they released a disappointingly tame LP and that was that...

Leo

On 26/01/2009 20:19, "Alasdair Macdonald" <wewalkforonereason@ gmail.com> wrote:

Anyone remember this lot? I thought I had a single by them, but after
hearing this session I figure I must have been confusing them with
another early 80's outfit. Anyway, this is rather good.