Identify the tape

egdirdle2001 penarth2002@...
Thu Jan 22 22:05:26 CET 2009

I saw The Modettes many times and they were very 1980. There is a
MySpace page created by the bassist I think. Oh Ramona !

Slowly getting through listening to all the shows. 1978s have an
atmosphere of their own with all that Medium Wave distortion. Peely
playing and loving The Quo !!! and Frankie Miller FFS !!!

1979 and its a shift in atmos maybe primarily cos of the move to FM.
The bands start to get less traditional but then a sudden rush of
Mod and 2 Tone towards the Autumn. I've in October 1979 at the moment.

Peel's anecdotes and asides are priceless and uts just like having
him back. He in no way sounds dated or hackneyed in fact he sounds
more contemporary than a lot of the so called post modern, self
reflective waffle jocks of the present day.

One last thought. I was listening away enjoying the mature,
intelligent guidance of Uncle John brought back from all those years
ago when I suddenly thought blimey... he was 6 years younger than me
when he was doing this show.

I can't thank the tape salvage people enough. You've improved the
quality of my life. Every time I walk the dogs at night on goes the
MP3 player and its 1978, 79 and very soon 1980 once again.

Quick nod to Dandelion Radio also although for those with weak heart
conditions I'd give the photo gallery a miss

Cheers
Karl

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, Roger Carruthers <roger.carruthers@...>
wrote:

> That clears that up, then! Many thanks. I should be able to pack
them off to
> Rocker tomorrow now.
>  Peel gets quite excited on the tape about the possibility of going
to see
> the Modettes play in Germany, having earlier bemoaned the fact that
he never
> gets away on holiday because of a line in a Psychedelic Furs
song ...
> Cheers
> Roger
>

> On 22/01/2009 15:44, "Steve" <so_it_goes_2512@...> wrote:
>

> > He he, yes you're right Eddie. I'd already corrected myself but
the
> > messgaes crossed in the post!!!
> >
> > Best wishes
> > Steve [TK]