Reconstructionism

billfromnorthwales billfromnorthwales@...
Sat Jan 3 17:10:17 CET 2009

Have you ever tried to reconstruct a Peel show?

The reason I ask, is that on a few of the last shows I ripped from
the ebay 400 box, Bryan (the originator) did some heavy pause button
action while recording. Now unlike me when I used to do that, he cut
out the middle of the music and kept most of the Peel links intact.

This is great because now we can patch in the music that is missing
to recover the whole show.

Well that is a really difficult challenge!

First you have to get session that was on - usually OK
Then there is that b side of that single - getting tricky now
Then there is that German racket whose title was too difficult to
pronounce - Losing a bit of enthusiasm for this now
Then there is the Jamaican white label whith no details of artist or
title - OK I give in.

Well one day I will reconstruct the entire shows with hi quality
sources for the music seemlessly integrated with the original
links........just may take a bit of time!

I should add.....you do all know this is what I did for the remaster
of the 1977-12-27 show? (1977 Festive Fifty)

Bill