Reconstructionism

thebarguest thebarguest@...
Sat Jan 3 18:34:20 CET 2009

"Reconstructionism" as opposed to "revisionism" (which says that
prog was murdered by punk in 77), ha ha !!

I did a personal "remaster" job on the 75-11-19 show. The orig has
multi-second dropouts at 4:18, 4:22 (Neil Young). I thought I would
"splice" in a good copy of the song but the closest match I could get
was several seconds different from Peely's, oh shit as Buzzcocks
said !
So, I simply did a clean cut of 5 secs with fade-in/out, never been a
Young fan. A keen fan would notice a lyric line missing but others
would think it OK. There was a short burst of FM interference at
14:07 that I cut out (using Audacity). From 4:10 to 4:16 there was a
drop of volume and distortion on the left channel - I copied the
other channel across.

It's good fun but it is time-consuming and I do feel a bit bad about
buthcering the Young song. Looking forward to hearing your job
on the dec 75 show, Bill !

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, "billfromnorthwales"