[peel] BBC Archives

rockerq@... rockerq@...
Sat Jan 3 16:49:30 CET 2009

Peelie often used to say that he listened back to his show occasionally, he
always hated hearing his own voice, but persevered to pick out any phrases
which may, by repetition, have become annoying mannerisms - often when he realised
he'd used such a phrase, he'd pull himself up with "I really must stop saying
that".

I would have thought this was nothing to do with any official BBC archiving -
he would have just got the engineer to run a cassette off live as the show
went out.

In view of the fact he did not enjoy listening to his own shows, I think its
unlikely that he would have kept any - especially living in a household with
four kids / teenagers where re-usable cassettes would have been at something of
a premium.

Unless anyone knows different!

Cheers!

Rocker