Video Jukebox

billfromnorthwales billfromnorthwales@...
Sun Feb 8 16:42:03 CET 2009

Thanks Roger, geeez wasn't everyone young then...

It was Ed Duffy who had the invites for the box, since he he is such
respected user there, so hopefully he can help with the invite thing.

Me, I'm aleays on ratio watch, so I never get invited to bring my
mates round....

Bill

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, Roger Carruthers <roger.carruthers@...>
wrote:

> Part 2 is here:
> http://www.mininova.org/tor/2261933
> It¹s not quite the entire thing ­ it actually ends at a strangely
> serendipitous moment, where Julien Temple has just said how today¹s kids
> have such short attention spans that they find anything longer than
a pop
> video too long. It cuts off exactly there - spooky! And if he
thought the
> youth of Œ86 had short attention spans ­ does that mean us? - I
wonder what
> he makes of the Wii generation ?
>  According to the ftvdb synopsis, that means we miss such treats as
Dave Lee
> Roth and Weird Al Yankovich ­ no great loss, then. Apparently  it
ran for 2
> hrs (!) longer than advertised, which is probably why it didn¹t fit
onto two
> 3 hr tapes.
> It¹s an .iso and bit shorter than the first half.
>
> Btw, Bill, I just as before, I got no confirmation email from The
Box after