[peel] Rick Wright

rockerq@... rockerq@...
Mon Sep 15 22:47:45 CEST 2008

Just heard the sad news of Richard Wright's death.

Was halfway through recording my Dandelion Radio show for October - so have
gone back and rejigged the beginning - now will start with the 1968 John Peel's
Top Gear session version of   Pink Floyd's "Julia Dream" - which includes a
bit of Peel's introduction - a fitting tribute to Peelie as well as it's the
fourth anniversary this month.

No doubt it was someone on this group who enabled me to get hold of that
session - so thanks to whoever it was some months ago! It brings home how
important the ongoing project of ripping old Peel shows & sessions is!

The track I had been intending to start with - which is now demoted to second
- was The Flying White Dots and "Land Of Oz" - which samples the Peel Session
Version of "A huge ever growing pulsating brain" by The Orb - including the
chiming guitar riff from "Shine On You Crazy Diamond". Weird!

Anyway, better crack on!

Rocker