[OT] [Altrok] Update #210: Support Your Local Web Station!

hubcity@... hubcity@...
Mon Sep 15 12:33:43 CEST 2008

Firstly, the important stuff:

Altrok Radio is at http://www.altrokradio.com

Please remember to tune in whenever you can - every hour you listen turns into more visibility for the station; we show up higher in search listings, and such like that. And if you'd like to help us keep the stream running, check out the advertisers if they appeal to you; your interest actually helps fund us.

And when you do listen, you'll hear the outstanding Altrok Radio music mix that got us an Editor's Pick nod at Live365 and at About.com...

...and this week, here's what we figured was important to add to that mix.

This week, our Grinders (the stuff we play heavily) include music from:

 - Dega Breaks
 - The Contrast
 - The Jesus And Mary Chain
 - Violent Femmes
 - Natalie Walker
 - Wire

Plus we've got newly-added music:

 - Attic Lights - Bring You Down
 - Black Kids - Look At Me (When I Rock Wichoo)
 - The Charlatans UK - Mis-takes
 - Charlotte Sometimes - How I Could Just Kill A Man
 - Crisis - Consequences
 - CSS - Left Behind
 - Cut Off Your Hands - Expectations
 - The Faint - The Geeks Were Right
 - Friendly Fires - Jump In The Pool
 - The Futureheads - Walking Backwards
 - The Kills - Last Day of Magic
 - Ladytron - They Gave You A Heart, They Gave You A Name
 - Ida Maria - I Like You So Much Better When You're Naked
 - Pull Tiger Tail - Mary Jane
 - Tokyo Police Club - Graves
 - YILA - Astronaut (feat. Scroobius Pip)

Our Newly-Added Classics:

 - The Boomtown Rats - Lookin' After No. 1
 - Buzzcocks - What Do I Get
 - The Clash - I'm Not Down
 - The Jam - Going Underground
 - New Model Army - Better Than Them
 - The Smiths - What Difference Does It Make
 - tv21 - Snakes And Ladders
 - UNKLE - Lonely Soul (Feat. Richard Ashcroft)
 - The Vapors - Turning Japanese

- Sean Carolan
  Altrok Radio
  On your computer now at http://www.altrokradio.com
  On the radio Fridays at 10pm, at 90.5 The Night