[peel] Re: 1977 Festive 50 (a billion questions (very slight exaggeration))

bill.spiby@... bill.spiby@...
Sun Oct 26 22:03:04 CET 2008

Had a lovely phone call from John Howarth of Oldham Tinkers fame. He confirmed that it would had to have been the Sit Thee Down LP version and that that is the same version that is contained on the Andy Kershaw selected compilation CD The Fine Old English Gentleman.

Interestingly, he confirmed that in the 70s they did several sessions for Peel although paperwork would only seem to exist for the one listed in Ken's book. The sessions were recorded in Strawberry Studios in Stockport and mailed up to Peel.

Regards
Bill