[peel] Re: Did Peel ever play Tom Waits?

Roger Carruthers roger.carruthers@...
Sun Oct 26 16:45:12 CET 2008

Ditto Frank Zappa ?
I think I posted the question here once before, but apart from some early
Mothers, eg. in the final Perfumed Garden, I don¹t recall ever hearing any
Zappa on Peel, which considering his prodigious output, would seem a
deliberate omission ­ possibly because John was fond of Beefheart, who fell
out with Zappa, or perhaps he couldn¹t quite stomach Zappa¹s famously
cynical world view?
Can¹t see why he would dislike Tom Waits though, who seems a pretty genial
sort of fellow from what I¹ve read...
Cheers
Roger