[peel] 1977 Festive 50 (a billion questions (very slight exaggeration))

bill.spiby@... bill.spiby@...
Wed Oct 22 17:13:20 CEST 2008

Hi Rocker,

It seems likely that Althea & Donna was a Jamaican release. Presumably this would be the same version. I've not seen any evidence of alternative ones.

The version of Dancing the Night Away played during the 78 chart ran for 6.41, which is more weight behind the argument that he would have opted for this in 77. Didn't know he was a mate with one of the band, but it would explain his promotion of them. I must confess that they've never managed to win me over.

regards
Bill