[peel] Re: Problem tape

Trevor Huddleston trevor_huddleston@...
Wed Oct 1 22:15:52 CEST 2008

This is good stuff

"The combined radius of the two spools is at a maximum around the middle of the tape and the clearance between them is at a minimum"

Who said Pythagoras was talking rubbish?

Keep it up.

Yours

Dave Euclid and Steve Hippocrates

To: peel@yahoogroups.comFrom: lorcan58@yahoo.co.ukDate: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 19:31:19 +0000Subject: [peel] Re: Problem tape

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, "bty997881" <roger.carruthers@...> wrote:> the tape becomes very reluctant to move in the middle sectionThe combined radius of the two spools is at a maximum around the middle of the tape and the clearance between them is at a minimum. Any wrinkles or unevenness in the tape that increases the radius even slightly at this point may cause the two spools to touch each other, and the extra friction can bring things to a halt. Many years ago I had a cassette like this and the only solution was to cut the tape around the middle and put the two halves into two new cases. A bit extreme I know...Lorcan