[peel] The Problem Of Hi Fi...

Dr Mango dr_mango2004@...
Thu Nov 13 14:50:20 CET 2008

Ah, Mr Obscure. As a frequent visitor to at least one of your blogs, I'm pleased to see you've found your way here.

I can help you out slightly with the first Roy Hill Band session. A repeat of it was included on a tape (8.11.79) I recently ripped.
You can download it here: http://sharebee.com/5f99b299
Tracklisting: http://peel.wikia.com/wiki/08_November_1978

You only get 2 and a half tracks of the session on there, and quality is a bit rough. But it's better than nowt I suppose.

Dr M.

--- On Thu, 13/11/08, Stuart Jones <stuart.jones40@...> wrote:
From: Stuart Jones <stuart.jones40@...>
Subject: [peel] The Problem Of Hi Fi...
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Date: Thursday, 13 November, 2008, 10:26 AM

Hello everyone, I'm brand new to the
group, so you must all
be gentle with me.

I'm a nearly-fifty year-old git who was a
young man during the punk years
and tuned into Fat Jack's astonishing show
every night, taping like a madman.
I was part of the Attrix Records team in
Brighton, Sussex, and I was the manager of
two popular Brighton bands, the Chefs, and
Birds With Ears.

I have twelve webpages out there which you
can all access via the Directory at:
http://themrobscure directory. blogspot. com/

One of these is a 'Peel Sessions' page,
with seven new sessions
every month.

Okay, now down to the meat of the matter -
can anyone out there help me
locate copies of four
sessions?

(The dates are the BROADCAST
dates)

They are by:

Hi Fi
The Roy Hill Band (27/6/1978 and
9/4/1979
Nicky & The Dots
The Molesters
The Zones (25/5/1978 and
22/9/1978)

The most crucial of these is the one by Hi
Fi, which according to the
'Keeping It Peel' page featured (the
traditional) four tracks:

The Silence
Movie Condition
Feel Naked
Black Taxi.

It was taped on 7/3/1979 and broadcast on
15/3/1979.

This group also had a 1980 LP called
'Towns And Bars' issued.

Has anyone got this session, or tracks
from it, or the LP?
If so, please send them to
me!!!

And how about those other
sessions?

In return I can probably provide you with
some sessions you're after
(I have a large archive).

If you CAN help me, you would be solving a
30 - year search and enigma.
I would come over all emotional and start
weeping with joy.

Vast regards to you all from
- Stewy ('mr obscure')

stuart.jones40@ ntlworld. com