The Problem Of Hi Fi...

Stuart Jones stuart.jones40@...
Thu Nov 13 11:26:22 CET 2008

Hello everyone, I'm brand new to the group, so you must all
be gentle with me.

I'm a nearly-fifty year-old git who was a young man during the punk years
and tuned into Fat Jack's astonishing show every night, taping like a madman.
I was part of the Attrix Records team in Brighton, Sussex, and I was the manager of
two popular Brighton bands, the Chefs, and Birds With Ears.

I have twelve webpages out there which you can all access via the Directory at:
http://themrobscuredirectory.blogspot.com/

One of these is a 'Peel Sessions' page, with seven new sessions
every month.

Okay, now down to the meat of the matter - can anyone out there help me
locate copies of four sessions?

(The dates are the BROADCAST dates)

They are by:

Hi Fi
The Roy Hill Band (27/6/1978 and 9/4/1979
Nicky & The Dots
The Molesters
The Zones (25/5/1978 and 22/9/1978)

The most crucial of these is the one by Hi Fi, which according to the
'Keeping It Peel' page featured (the traditional) four tracks:

The Silence
Movie Condition
Feel Naked
Black Taxi.

It was taped on 7/3/1979 and broadcast on 15/3/1979.

This group also had a 1980 LP called 'Towns And Bars' issued.

Has anyone got this session, or tracks from it, or the LP?
If so, please send them to me!!!

And how about those other sessions?

In return I can probably provide you with some sessions you're after
(I have a large archive).

If you CAN help me, you would be solving a 30 - year search and enigma.
I would come over all emotional and start weeping with joy.

Vast regards to you all from
- Stewy ('mr obscure')
stuart.jones40@...