[peel] "Fancy a brew?"

Dr Mango dr_mango2004@...
Fri Nov 7 21:06:22 CET 2008

Belated thanks for this Ken. I have fond memories of the Radcliffe shows where JP sat in. It was like getting a welcome double dose of Peel on those weeks. Do you have any other of these shows in your collection? I've got a chunk of the show from Monday 14th October 1996 on tape. Half Man Half Biscuit were in, doing some live tracks. My recording includes all their contribution and chat with JP but not, sadly, the rest of the show.

DM

--- On Fri, 24/10/08, ken garner <ken_garner@...> wrote:
From: ken garner <ken_garner@...>
Subject: [peel] "Fancy a brew?"
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Date: Friday, 24 October, 2008, 12:19 AM

            Here's another oddity from my dwindling complete show archive: the first of 12 shows in

1996 (Mon-Thur for one week in March, April and October respectively) in which Peel

travelled to Manchester and sat in for Mark Radcliffe on his then R1 show 10pm-midnight.

Not a normal Peel show, then (I think you can tell it's still essentially Radcliffe's show in the

music selection and programming by producer Lis), but very funny and enjoyable

nonetheless, with Lard and Simon Armitage in the studio, and Number One Cup playing in

live from Studio 3 downstairs "in the basement". This is one I taped myself off-air and

completely forgot I had, until Roger Olive and I found the DATs of most of these shows

waiting to be ripped at Maida Vale in 2007 (see book p186). So this one is also in the official

BBC archive, which is a very good thing...

Peel is Radcliffe 1996-03-18a

http://www.megauplo ad.com/?d= 3W6M8NBD

Peel is Radcliffe 1996-03-18b

http://www.megauplo ad.com/?d= MO92T227