[peel] Peel Tapes

Roger Carruthers roger.carruthers@...
Wed Jul 9 22:06:55 CEST 2008

Strictly speaking, it¹s against eBay rules to make an offer privately, so
the best we could do would be to nominate someone (or for someone to
volunteer) to do the bidding, on the understanding that whatever the final
price turned out to be, the rest of us would chip in an equal share. I would
volunteer myself, but I¹m currently going through a very busy period at work
followed by a well-earned holiday, so I wouldn¹t trust myself to be totally
on the ball when it mattered (at 12.34 on the 18th, I will be staring
wearily at the clock wishing it was 5.00)
 If someone were to take this on, I would suggest it be someone who¹s well
eBay savvy, with a reliable fast connection and some rock-solid sniping
software ­ I¹m convinced that 99% of winning bids these days are done this
way. (I lost the last lot of Peel tapes to come up on eBay thanks to some
crap software :-( )
 Btw, I live close enough to Cheltenham to make the journey, if a courier
was needed.
Cheers
Roger