Peel Tapes

ken garner ken_garner@...
Wed Jul 9 22:12:01 CEST 2008

I have no idea how this ebay virtual jumble sale thing works, but count me in for £20. Is it
possible for someone on behalf of this list to contact the seller and make a group offer
offline? we might consider proposing that collectively the group would organise high
quality digitisation and have the resources and data (and connections, via me) to then
donate the collection catalogue, and any rarities or otherwise missing sessions themselves
to the BBC Radio 1 archive. One or two of you helped in this way during the production
phase of the book. It's just a suggestion, and we'd only do that after all the fun of the
sharing has gone on. It would be nice to know what the audio quality is - probably ok,
mostly...

By the way, I do not have scripts here for christmas 78 shows so cannot help on the Poco
mystery, but my best guess is as already suggested: you started your tape early John and
that one was one of his favourites, which he often played BEFORE starting the actual
countdown for the year...

ken