[peel] Re: Somebody is SELLING the Peel shows online

RobF robfleay@...
Sun Dec 7 14:13:18 CET 2008

Our Pal Darren seems to be taking more credit than he perhaps ought - like going to ALL THAT effort of downloading some peel stuff and collating it gives him some sort of right to then sell it?!

Reply from him:

Good morning

In my defence with regards to the John Peel collection

I am a massive fan of the great man and the Festive Fifties and Sessions are all my own work, research whatever. In fact the Festive Fifties myself and a colleague who are trying to keep the name alive, actually had all the Festive Fifties remastered to make the quality top notch

I can understand a few people having a few qualms about me selling the Collection, but most of it, I have collected myself and I am hardly making any money out of the project

As for the Darts and Snooker stuff, they are all completely legal and I am allowed to sell the DVD's. Although the Snooker is actually nothing to do with me whatsoever, I am just advertising them for someone else.

It's weird because yes I have had one or two negative comments about the John Peel Collection, but this hugely outweighed by all the positive comments I have had over the years, also my original 17 DVD Collection is widely available over Bit Torrent for anyone to upload and play

I hope you will see that I am not actually in it for the money, but in the same breath I cannot give the DVD's away

Regards

Darren