[peel] Re: Somebody is SELLING the Peel shows online

saipanda saipanda@...
Sun Dec 7 15:01:33 CET 2008

Might complete a nice loop if someone were to torrent his new discs....

Could be a good way of keeping everything available as well -- the original 17 still seem
to be floating around.

DeeDee, got a bit of free time over the holidays?

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, RobF <robfleay@...> wrote:

> Our Pal Darren seems to be taking more credit than he perhaps ought - like going to
ALL THAT effort of downloading some peel stuff and collating it gives him some sort of
right to then sell it?!

> Reply from him:
>
> Good morning
>
> In my defence with regards to the John Peel collection
>
> I am a massive fan of the great man and the Festive Fifties and Sessions are all my own
work, research whatever. In fact the Festive Fifties myself and a colleague who are trying to
keep the name alive, actually had all the Festive Fifties remastered to make the quality top
notch

> I can understand a few people having a few qualms about me selling the Collection, but
most of it, I have collected myself and I am hardly making any money out of the project

> As for the Darts and Snooker stuff, they are all completely legal and I am allowed to sell
the DVD's. Although the Snooker is actually nothing to do with me whatsoever, I am just
advertising them for someone else.

> It's weird because yes I have had one or two negative comments about the John Peel
Collection, but this hugely outweighed by all the positive comments I have had over the
years, also my original 17 DVD Collection is widely available over Bit Torrent for anyone to
upload and play