[peel] Re: Another Cassette Question

Roger Carruthers roger.carruthers@...
Thu Aug 28 21:26:45 CEST 2008

Ah, just found this one, which (sort of) answers a question I was about to
ask, ie. are we OK about re-housing these tapes ? I have a particularly
sticky one, and I was about to do just that, but wanted to be absolutely
sure that it¹s OK with the group first.
 Most of the tapes I¹ve received so far are recorded over commercially
pre-recorded cassettes, and are thus Œsealed¹. I¹m quite happy cracking them
open and re-potting them where necessary  - I sometimes have to do this to
repair old library stock where I work. So if anyone does have a problem tape
that they don¹t feel up to tackling, I¹d be happy to help out.
 Of those I¹ve played so far, the quality is quite varied ­ some fast, some
slow, some shedding oxide like there¹s no tomorrow and others pretty solid.
It¹s gratifying to think the owner considered Peel¹s shows to be more
important than his collection of Deep Purple and Manfred Mann¹s Earth Band
tapes ­ or perhaps he just worked in a charity shop ;-)
Cheers
roger