Another Cassette Question

billfromnorthwales billfromnorthwales@...
Sat Aug 16 14:13:31 CEST 2008

You need to put the reel in a new cassette shell.

I had to do this on a few.

See here

and here

http://tiny.cc/1GnIT

The old cassette probably does not have screws, so you have to prize
it open gently all the way round, starting off at the protect tabs.

Or send it back to rocker and he can save all the problem tapes to
the end.

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, RobF <robfleay@...> wrote:

> One of the tapes in the first batch I have from Rocker is a
Pinnacle C-120.

> When I played it, it started out OK but then the speed started to
go wonky, like a 7" pressed off centre - every second or so the tape
goes slow then speeds up again.

> I can see that the tape spindles are sticking, and then when I
tried to fast forward or rewind it, eventually it ground to a halt.

> Winding it on with a pencil I can feel that the tape is really
tight, SO my question is really what do I do?

> Any advice appreciated. My Cassette deck is a TEAC V-615 - not
exactly top of the range but not bad. Is this tape just beyond help
or should we put this in a pile marked "problem children" and let
someone more expert than me deal with it?