[peel] Re: Another Cassette Question

rockerq@... rockerq@...
Thu Aug 28 21:46:26 CEST 2008

I would mention that the first thing to do (after cleaning your heads!) is to
fast forward and rewind the entire length of the tape. If the tape is too
badly wound to RW/FF I often find that either squeezing the sides of the
cassette, or rapping it sharply on the desk, will re-align the tape enough to allow
more freedom of movement.

However, if it is the actual spools sticking, then yes, the extra work of
transplanting the tape to a new housing may be required - I guess it may also be
worth trying it in another machine if you have one otherwise then yeah - send
it back to me un-ripped and I will send it to one of our experts!

Cheers!

Rocker

PS my own ripping is proceeding, I have around 5 more shows on my Mac now,
waiting for me to get time to edit them & correct speeds etc.