[peel] "Coming up, the midnight news summary..."

rockerq@... rockerq@...
Fri Aug 22 20:46:20 CEST 2008

Same too! Only I never got a cassette deck that would autoreverse in record
until around 1990 - so I used a 7" quarter track reel to reel at 3.75ips -
which would give 128 mins of poor quality - when I stayed in I had the luxury of
using 7.5ips and flipping the tape halfway through the show - usually when he
played one of those seminal techno or rave tracks which I would disparagingly
sneer at as "Disco music" until I discovered house in 1999, around ten years
after the rest of the world!

I would then carefully edit the tracks I wanted -sans Peel - onto cassettes -
as I too could never afford more than 4 reel tapes at a time on my 1980s
student grant!

I now have quite a few shows - from rippers as well as ones I've ripped
myself - Thanks rippers! - on my hard drive - mainly is sections - will put
something up on my iDisk when I get time to edit them!

Chjeers!

Rocker