Tape 9 - 18 June 1979 complete show

billfromnorthwales billfromnorthwales@...
Sat Aug 16 15:39:18 CEST 2008

Cheers Rob, and let's keep in touch with the other rippers too so we
can get some uniformity, and compare notes.

I guess we would all follow

cassette>software>speed correction>wav>flac>mp3 as the process

Do we have definitive tape numbers yet from Rocker?

I guess he has numbered them 1-429, and so we should use his numbers.

Do we have a file format yet?

I will be using "Peel YYYY-MM-DD"

eg Peel 1978-10-31.flac of Peel 1978-11-3.mp3

I don't want to burden the file name with session info or AM of FM,
or ripper label, but I was wondering about indicating whether it was
full or part show (I guess full means about 90% complete)

So we may have

Peel 1978-10-31(full).flac

or

1978-11-3 (part).mp3

Well this is what I am doing....

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, RobF <robfleay@...> wrote:

> > Do you think the taper had gone to FM by this time, since the
sound
> > seems better than the 78 tapes, and there is no signal drifting
>
> I assumed it was definitely FM (albeit definitely mono)- of the
1979 shows I've done so far, the quality has surprised me.

> My hazy childhood memories of listening to AM in the late 70's was
late night football commentary of mid-week international or european
games. Almost unlistenable with the whistling and interference going
on. No sign of that at all on the 1979 tapes I've done.

> As for the dodgy C120 - I think I'll send that one back to Rocker
un-ripped and let someone with experience re-case it. I'm petrified
of destroying a piece of history!