[peel] Re: Tape 9 - 18 June 1979 complete show

RobF robfleay@...
Sat Aug 16 15:29:06 CEST 2008

> Do you think the taper had gone to FM by this time, since the sound
> seems better than the 78 tapes, and there is no signal drifting

I assumed it was definitely FM (albeit definitely mono)- of the 1979 shows I've done so far, the quality has surprised me.

My hazy childhood memories of listening to AM in the late 70's was late night football commentary of mid-week international or european games. Almost unlistenable with the whistling and interference going on. No sign of that at all on the 1979 tapes I've done.

As for the dodgy C120 - I think I'll send that one back to Rocker un-ripped and let someone with experience re-case it. I'm petrified of destroying a piece of history!