[peel] Re: Tape 1 (personal comments)

Alasdair Macdonald wewalkforonereason@...
Wed Aug 13 22:52:14 CEST 2008

2008/8/13 saipanda <saipanda@...>:
> Absolutely! Was wondering what the best way of doing this would be. I was thinking of
> having purely factual info (eg, tracklistings) at the top of date pages and then maybe
> having comments, links to blogs, etc below that. On the date index pages, though, there is
> a definite need to have some sort of intro to the show itself.
>
> Obviously, there is a always a discussion tab at the top right of every page as well. That
> could be used, but it's kind of hidden away from the main part of the page.

In most wikis, the talk / discussion page is for discussion relating
to the accuracy and form of the main article page. ie the talk page is
used to discuss the quality and direction of the article, not to
extend it.

> Anyway, have been thinking I've been cluttering up the list a lot lately with Wilki talk. Sorry
> about that. I originally suggested the Perfumed Garden forum as a possible alternative for
> discussions on the Wiki, but feel a bit guilty about cluttering that up as well as here with
> multiple threats, and thinking now it would make sense to move such things over to the
> Wilki itself.

As above - wiki talk pages are the place to thrash out the details of
form and content. A well designed wiki will include articles that
define the standard and preferred forms of adding content, as well as
the content itself.(and of course the help / template / etc pages have
discussion pages too).