Tape 1 (personal comments)

saipanda saipanda@...
Wed Aug 13 21:40:29 CEST 2008

Absolutely! Was wondering what the best way of doing this would be. I was thinking of
having purely factual info (eg, tracklistings) at the top of date pages and then maybe
having comments, links to blogs, etc below that. On the date index pages, though, there is
a definite need to have some sort of intro to the show itself.

Obviously, there is a always a discussion tab at the top right of every page as well. That
could be used, but it's kind of hidden away from the main part of the page.

Anyway, don't see any real point to replicating Wilkapedia, although sometimes this might
be a decent start point -- eg, there's an A-Z list of Peel sessions artists, doubtless wrong
in many places, that could be adapted for our purposes, with date links (for show
tracklisings, and artist entries. Could give a basis to work from that would be relatively
quick to set up.

Doubtless Ken's book would quickly reveal many errors!

Anyway, have been thinking I've been cluttering up the list a lot lately with Wilki talk. Sorry
about that. I originally suggested the Perfumed Garden forum as a possible alternative for
discussions on the Wiki, but feel a bit guilty about cluttering that up as well as here with
multiple threats, and thinking now it would make sense to move such things over to the
Wilki itself.

With that in mind have activated a couple of forums over there.These can be accessed
from the front page or the standard Community thing on the left of every page. One is for
discussions on specific issues regarding the Wiki itself -- eg, how things could be
improved, all suggestions welcome. The other (the grandly named "John Peel Forum") is for
all JP-related music chit-chat.

It's slightly clunky, but could be OK if people feel like using it.

Just listening to 07-07-78 for about the tenth time. Brilliant stuff!

Cheers,

Steve