[peel] Re: WE HAVE THE TAPES!

rockerq@... rockerq@...
Sun Aug 10 11:40:22 CEST 2008

> <<Many thanks for the update, Rocker. Please let us know if supplementary
> round of
> contributions is required for post and package.>>

We are covered for the "First Wave" of mailouts - hopefully in the next
couple of days - I am working on the principle that when each ripper returns their
first batch of cassettes (plus ripped files) I will send on their next one -
we will need to ask for more postage around halfway through the "second wave".

If postage costs become a problem I could use cheaper methods (eg recorded
delivery) but I do agree with whoever said that the Special Delivery is more
secure.

If any of our rippers are passing through Bristol or Cheltenham then message
me offlist and we can arrange a transfer - likewise I will keep the list
informed of my movements! (eg Will be at Rough Trade East this Thursday for the
Manhattan Love Suicides gig)

<<Rocker, are you giving each tape a unique ID number?>>

At present no - am just using the broadcast dates as marked - once I have
finished listing them will send the ssheet to the list. Quite a few tapes (25 or
so) are unmarked so will need their dates id-ing - will send out the known
quantities first - although even with those for the most part I am just going by
what is written on the tape - quite a few have sections of more than one show
- and only a few are C120s so a lot will be part-shows - which will need
recording in another field in whatever database we end up using.

Cheers!

Rocker