[peel] Re: New here

festive50@... festive50@...
Sun Aug 3 22:40:15 CEST 2008

Another name check for Ken.
One of my tapes (dated 20/3/92) I was cataloguing when I was in hospital
in May this year had Peel saying after announcing a Faith Healers session
track.
JP: "Ken Garner who's writing a book about sessions for radio 1. He will
phone me up and doubtless tell me that I've got this slightly wrong....
He (Ken) says with reference to the Spiritualised session that was
broadcast last weekend."
Ken: "This is the one I went to and will feature along with Saturday's
show in my book's 1st chapter.....
Next door studio 7 that day, Kenneth Brannagh, Emma Thomson and Sir
Michael Horden wererecording Ac2 2 Scene 2 of Brannagh's BBC Hamlet. The
first he knew of it was when trumpeter Rodd Lorimer came into the control
room and said I've just met sir Michael Horden in the lavatory".

JP: " A little bit of showbiz gossip for you."

Funnily enough 8 days later another member of this group gets name
checked. Namely Tom Roche.
After playing a track from a band from Decater.
JP: "My friend Tom who was sitting here in the studio, comes from Decater".

Phil (of this Parish)