[peel] Wire question

markbursa@... markbursa@...
Sun Oct 7 23:10:40 CEST 2007

>>I always wanted to ask, but didn't know where to
direct my  question - Wire is a fairly low key kind of
band - so when you say "they're  still going" do you
mean they all have day jobs and gig on the side or  is
Wire a full time proposition?<<

Well, Wire tends to have periods of inactivity -  during which time the
various members have fairly prolific solo  careers.

Basically, Wire has "existed" as a recording,  performing entity in the
following times:
1976-80
1985-92
2000-04
2007-

Colin Newman runs the ~swim label, does production  etc; Graham Lewis lives
in Sweden and produces work under various different  names  - He said; Hox;
Ocsid, currently as 27#11. Bruce Gilbert is Bruce  Gilbert; Rob Gotobed runs a
farm in Lincolnshire!

Check out the biogs on pinkflag.com for more details.

Cheers

Mark